Chocolate Nero Cookies Recipe
Restaurant: Grand Mercure - Bangalore
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Chocolate Nero Cookies Recipe: Delicious cookies to relish in the festive season of Christmas. Bittersweet chocolate melted and mixed with ground almonds, eggs and sugar, baked to perfection! These cookies would be the perfect Christmas gift for you and your family.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Nero Cookies
- 1 almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 2 bittersweet chocolate
- 2 unsalted butter
- 1/2 flour
- 1 baking powder
- To roll castor sugar
- To roll icing sugar
How to Make Chocolate Nero Cookies
- 1.Toast the almonds in the oven until light golden brown and once cool, grind finely and set aside.
- 2.Set a stainless steel bowl over a double boiler, and melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring frequently.
- 3.Once completely melted, remove from the heat.
- 4.In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and sugar.
- 5.Beat on medium speed about 5 minutes, or until the mixture is pale and frothy.
- 6.Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs mixing well to blend.
- 7.Add the flour, baking powder and almonds to the chocolate and eggs and mix just until smooth dough is created.
- 8.Refrigerate the dough for two hours.
- 9.Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 10.Remove the dough from the refrigerator and take small pieces about the size of large olives and roll into a ball.
- 11.Roll each ball first into the granulated sugar, then into the powdered sugar and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- 12.Continue to use up all of the dough in the same manner.
- 13.Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until they expand and begin to crack.
- 14.Serve with tea or coffee.